| From Order of Pharoahs & Conde Explorers |
![]() |
| From Order of Pharoahs & Conde Explorers |
The Order of Pharaohs was up first and they fulfilled the short part of the parade. I think they had roughly five or six floats - I took a picture of what I assume is their emblem float. However, it was over almost as fast as it had begun and it flowed right into the Conde Explorers. I suppose I got a bit of an education because about two or three floats in, I realized that I was having a sense of deja vu - wasn't that the same Harry Potter float from the night before? However people kept screaming and throws kept getting thrown, but once I looked up into the stern countenance of Darth Vadar I knew that my suspicions were right, these were the same floats as the night before! Apparently I was not the only one who was unimpressed revisiting the floats from the night before as poor Sarah was practically passed out in Jack's arms for most of the parade. (Though she was alert enough to catch a large inflatable fish in a box!) However, for me the highlight of the parade was watching the people who had never seen a parade before get bitten by the Mardi Gras bug. Haven was promising Katherine and Dwight that he would be back next weekend and I think he even mentioned bringing friends!
| From Order of Pharoahs & Conde Explorers |
It wouldn't be Mardi Gras if someone didn't catch a pair of Mardi Gras panties, the honor this year went to Beth and she wore them proudly around her neck for the rest of the parade, if not the whole evening.
| From Order of Pharoahs & Conde Explorers |
However, to my knowledge, the peanut butter moon pie still remains elusive - the word on the street is that they are completely sold out, so I wonder when they will make an appearance in our corner of the world...
To see more pictures visit the album here


No comments:
Post a Comment